This is a copy of the proposed agenda.† Please contact me with any input, questions, thoughts, comments, suggestions and criticisms.† Donít be bashful.†
I also made up a possible contract.† Keep in mind that it is based mostly on the proposed agenda and will be modified after we discuss it.† Also, the formatting on these web pages is off.† I was going to post it in Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf) but I wasnít sure if you guys have Adobe Acrobat reader.
See you on Thursday.
Assemblyman Peter Grannis has requested The Hunter College Graduate Research Team to study the viability of a proposed new commuter ferry service linking the Upper East Side piers in the confines of Community Board 8 and the Financial District.†† The following is the proposed agenda for a meeting between the Assemblymanís Aide, Anthony Morenci and the Hunter Team.† It is hereby noted that this study will be limited to the following east side piers:† East 62nd Street, East 75th Street and East 90th Street.† The meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 29, 2000 at 10:00 a.m. at Assemblyman Grannisí Community Office, which is located at 1672 First Avenue, New York, NY.††
a. The proposed overall goal of the Ferry Research Project is to determine the viability of a new commuter ferry service linking the Upper East Side piers in the confines of Community Board 8 and the Financial District.
b.††††† In order to research this topic, the Hunter College Research Group will:†
1.†† Evaluate the existing ferry services currently operating on the East River.
2. Evaluate other commuter ferry services operating in New York.
3. Evaluate successful commuter ferry services currently operating in the United States.
4. Evaluate the failure of the New York Waterway Ferry Project that provided commuter ferry service on the Upper East Side four years ago.
5. Conduct community-based research to determine:
a. If the residents of the Upper East Side would utilize a new commuter ferry service.
b. Community concerns relative to the proposed service.
6. The Hunter College Research Group will offer an objective opinion on the viability of the proposed service after a comprehensive review of the aforementioned material.
7. The Group will propose specific remedies to address various community concerns relative to the proposed service.
8. The Group will explore alternate uses for the piers if it determines that the proposed service is not a viable option.
4. A negotiation between Anthony Morenci and the Hunter College Research Group to define the actual parameters of the ferry project in order to facilitate the preparation of a contract between the parties
5. The Hunter College Research Group will propose that Anthony Morenci provide the following assistance in order to ensure the projectís success.† Mutually agreed upon items will be stipulated in the contract.
a. Provide logistical support including the use of telephones, computers, photocopy machines and costs.
b. Provide relevant demographic information relative to the citizenry that reside in the confines of Community Board 8.
c. Provide the group with a list of contact persons, organizations, agencies, political offices and other relevant resources that will ensure the success of the project.
d. Ensure that the Hunter College Research Group has the opportunity to orally present a condensed version of their research at a Community Board 8 meeting and an East River Ferry Work Group Meeting.
e. Ensure that Assemblyman Peter Grannis attends an oral presentation of the groupís findings at one of the aforementioned forums.
f. That Anthony Morenci extend an invitation to City Councilman **** to attend an oral presentation of the groupís findings at one of the aforementioned forums.